The allocation engine is very useful when bulk allocating children in EnrolNow to either a services or programs. In addition, the allocation engine can be used for individual allocations with the benefit that:
- Capacity Management is in place to ensure that no service / program is over allocated, and
- Recommendations will ensure that the highest priority child is allocated first.
To use the allocation engine to commit allocations
- access the relevant allocation engine from the Children tab (for more details see here)
- On the allocation details tab review the recommended allocations. Filter to a particular service or program or child to allocate a subset of children (for more details see here)
- Make any required changes to the recommended allocation in the "achieved" column (using the drop downs).
- Click "commit allocations" to bulk allocate the children in view
- Click "yes" on the pop up window to confirm
- You will then be returned to a refreshed view of the allocation engine with children who have just been committed reflected as allocated in the Allocation Summary tab (and no longer available for allocation on the Allocation Details tab).